This course will teach you everything you need to know about the most important tool you have for selling your art: your personal brand.
Award-winning Art History Professor, Dr. Jamie Kemp, provides essential insights for artists trying to sell their work online, write grant proposals, apply for residencies, or approach galleries for representation.
This course is richly illustrated and full of the engaging content and personalized support that Dr. Kemp is known for. Throughout the 5 weeks of the program, you'll get the instruction and expert feedback you need in order to talk about why your art matters and why others should want to own it.
Topics of this course include:
- Why people buy and collect art.
- How to write a professional Artist's Statement.
- How to write an artist's bio.
- How to understand and express your artistic values to buyers.
- How to use your personal story to generate interest in your art.
- How to translate the visual aspects of your work into words that people will be interested to hear.
- How to talk about your artistic influences (and figure out who/what they are).
- What great artists of the past knew about personal branding.
- How much you should charge for your art.
- What you should say about your technical secrets and artistic techniques.
The early bird price for a year's access will be just $200 CAD, or 4 monthly payments of $50.